Following the rapid evolution of technology and the frequent changes in the regulatory framework is a major challenge for banks, insurers and financial market players in general. Our professionals are prepared not only to offer legal intelligence in structuring sophisticated financial transactions but also to deliver innovative solutions to help enable businesses in the sector.
We offer legal advice on the formatting of complex financial transactions, assist in the creation and implementation of various types of products and services, and provide support to the relationship of our clients with regulators.
Our financial regulatory practice is multidisciplinary and experienced. We use the knowledge acquired in various areas of law, such as bank regulations, insurance, capital markets, investment funds, financial restructuring and securitization to provide innovative legal solutions to our clients.
We are in constant contact with foreign las firms with expertise in banking, insurance, and financial practices.
Our services include:
- Advice on financial transactions in general, such as domestic and international loans and financing, including export financing and debt issuance abroad.
- Advice on mergers and acquisitions of regulated institutions.
- Advice on the structuring of derivative instruments.
- Advice on complex foreign exchange transactions.
- Assistance in the creation and registration of investment funds.
- Assistance in structuring and reviewing products and services following the rules and regulations applicable to financial and payment institutions, insurance companies and pension funds.
- Assistance in obtaining regulatory authorizations before banking, insurance, and capital market authorities.
- Advice to foreign investors on investments and structured transactions in the financial and capital markets.
- Advice on financial, real estate and agribusiness securitization, including collateralized transactions of export receivables and other structured transactions backed by receivables, payment flows or securities.
- Assistance in the regulatory area for financial institutions, insurers, reinsurers, insurance and reinsurance brokers (domestic and foreign) and pension funds, including the organization and obtaining of approval for operation, and the acquisition of minority shareholdings or control.
- Assistance in negotiating complex contracts, such as bancassurance and reinsurance contracts.
- Advice to insurers and corporate clients in general on insurance policy review and regulation of claims, providing all the legal support necessary to understand the case correctly.
- Advice on arbitrations involving banking, insurance, and capital market areas.
- Advice on administrative and judicial litigation involving regulatory bodies, such as the Central Bank of Brazil (BACEN), the Brazilian Securities Commission (CVM), the Private Insurance Superintendence (SUSEP), the National Supplementary Health Agency (ANS), and the National Superintendence of Complementary Pensions (PREVIC).