Investors are becoming increasingly demanding and selective. To raise funds through capital markets, companies need to demonstrate good corporate governance practices, planning, and control of the entire public offering process, in search of the highest returns. It is essential to have legal counsel specializing in highly complex operations, with a long history of relationships with regulatory authorities and self-regulatory organizations.
Since its founding, Machado Meyer has had a well-respected practice in the Brazilian capital markets. Our professionals have participated in the most groundbreaking, innovative, and complex transactions in the country.
We participate in public offerings of shares and other securities, initial public offerings (IPOs), issuance of debt securities abroad, corporate restructuring, M&A transactions involving public companies, and going public and listing procedures. We also advise public companies on aspects of compliance with corporate law and the rules issued by regulatory authorities and self-regulatory organizations, such as:
- delisting processes;
- drafting and updating of reference forms;
- drafting and amendments of bylaws;
- disclosure of material acts and facts;
- drafting of disclosure policies for material acts and facts and securities trading policies;
- assistance in implementing stock option plans.
To properly manage the risks involved in all these operations, we rely on the advice of several practice areas such as tax, labor, regulatory, real estate, contracts, compliance, and litigation.
Our services in the capital markets area include:
- public offerings of shares, debentures, commercial papers, and other securities in Brazil;
- issuance of debt securities abroad;
- initial public offerings (IPOs);
- going public and listing processes, with registration as a public company with the Brazilian Securities Commission – CVM, and the listing of shares on BM&FBOVESPA;
- M&A transactions involving public companies;
- representation, advising, and defense in administrative proceedings before CVM and BM&FBOVESPA.
- corporate and capital market advisory services for listed companies and foreign clients interested in entering the Brazilian capital market;
- corporate restructuring (mergers, consolidations, spin-off, and other transactions), joint ventures and consortia involving public companies;
- intragroup restructuring; and
- repurchase of shares.