Gabriela Estefania Paredes Arcentales
Specialist in criminal procedure law and in criminal business law, especially in complex cases involving operations of the Brazilian Federal Police, criminal cases, and cross border investigations. Arcentales provides legal assistance in criminal cases and investigations involving white-collar crimes, in the analysis of the exposure to crimes, in the conduction of internal investigations, and in the development of compliance practices. She has experience in the provision of assistance to Brazilian and international clients on criminal issues, assisting in the negotiation of leniency agreements with Brazilian authorities, coordinating internal investigations, and following-up police investigations and criminal cases.
Her experience encompasses cases involving tax, environmental, and bankruptcy crimes, crimes against the financial system, money laundering, insider trading, illicit payments to suppliers, accounting fraud, and sexual harassment. She engaged with several sectors, such as food, automotive, banking, energy, pharmaceutical products, civil construction, services, and retail.
- Recognized by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, in White-collar crime and investigations as Rising stars.
- Northwestern University, USA – LL.M, 2019
- Law School of USP – Master’s degree in Criminal Procedure Law, 2018
- Law School of USP – Bachelor of Laws, 2013
- Member of the ad hoc editorial board of Revista Fórum de Ciências Criminais since 2014
- Volunteer lawyer at Innocence Project Brasil since 2018
- Participant in Bluhm Legal Clinic, USA, Sep./18 – May/19
- Author of the article “Ne bis in idem e investigações simultâneas no processo penal brasileiro”, published in Revista Fórum de Ciências Criminais, Vol. 9, June/18
- Author of the article “Breves notas sobre o assistente técnico pericial no processo penal brasileiro”, published in Revista da Faculdade de Direito da UERJ - RFD, no. 33, May 2018
- Author of the article “Caso Espinoza v. Perú (Corte Interamericana de Direitos Humanos) – Legislação antiterrorista e suspensão de garantias: possibilidade, limites e violações a direitos humanos”, published in Revista Fórum de Ciências Criminais, Vol. 4, December 2015
- Brazilian Bar Association
- Brazilian Institute for Criminal Sciences
- Pro Bono Institute
- Effective member of the Special Committee on Compliance of OAB-SP