Machado, Meyer, Sendacz e Opice Advogados and Mayer Brown LLP have advised Banco Safra on a US$500 million bond issuance.
The deal closed on 27 January, with Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr e Quiroga Advogados and Clifford Chance LLP advising the banks, Banco Safra, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, JPMorgan Securities, UBS Securities, BB Securities and Standard Chartered Bank.
"This was an important Tier 2 capital transaction for Banco Safra and the offering was closed in record time thanks to, among other things, excellent support from the bank itself, especially under the leadership of general counsel Elita Pastorelo-Ariaz," says Mayer Brown partner Stephen Hood.
Clifford Chance has been very active in Brazilian bond markets this year, having worked in issuances by Energisa, Bradesco, Itaú, Cruzeiro, Banco do Brasil and Daycoval just in the month of January.
Counsel to Banco Safra
· General counsel Elita Ariaz and in-house counsel Carlos Fonseca
· Machado, Meyer, Sendacz e Opice Advogados
Partner Nei Zelmanovits and associates Karina Momose, André Politi Espósito Gomes and Fernanda Cristina Savino
· Mayer Brown LLP
Partners Stephen Hood and Ricardo Gonzalez, and associates Myles Doherty and Mostyn Taylor
Counsel to the joint bookrunners and managers
· In-house counsel for Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Nancy Kennan, Fionna Tsu, Ryan Minetti and Lisa McGee
· In-house counsel for JP Morgan - Jonathan Walcoff and Eileen Shin
· In house counsel for UBS Securities - Glenn Goggins, Monica Meo and Manjit Marhia
· In house counsel for Standard Chartered - Christopher Camp and Helen Pinder
· Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr e Quiroga Advogados
Partner José Eduardo Carneiro Queiroz and associates Helen Naves, Guilherme Azevedo Carlos Henrique de Araujo
· Clifford Chance LLP
Partners Jonathan Zonis and Isabel Carvalho, and associates Anja Pfleger, Konstantinos Papadopoulos, José Roque, Carolina Barbeiro and Juliana Dias
(Latin Lawyer 08.02.2011)
(Notícia na Íntegra)