Tuesday, 4th May 2010 by David Thorley
Machado, Meyer, Sendacz e Opice Advogados and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP have advised UBS as it agreed to acquire the Brazil-based brokerage firm Link Investimentos.
Brazilian firms Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr e Quiroga Advogados and Machioni e Braga Advogados, along with Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in the US, represented Link in the US$112 million deal, made on 29 April, which marks the return of UBS to Brazil after it sold investment bank Banco Pactual last year.
Machado Meyer and Simpson Thacher also negotiated the terms of UBS′s withdrawal from Brazil in September last year, as well as advising the company on its acquisition of Pactual in 2008.
The new deal will see UBS acquiring 100 per cent of the shares in Link Investimentos′ holding company, Link Holding Financeira.
Its businesses will be integrated into UBS′s investment bank, wealth management, and asset management divisions.
Counsel to UBS
· Partners Gary Horowitz and Tom Terbell
· Partners Nei Zelmanovits and Celso Costa, and associates Renato Maggio and Marcos Jarne
Counsel to Link Investimentos
· In-house counsel - David Fitzgerald and James Odell
· Partners Moacir Zilbovicius and Rodrigo Nascimento and associates Roberto Quiroga Mosquera and Andrea Bazzo Lauletta
· Machioni e Braga Advogados
· Partner Ricardo Peake Braga
· Partners Jeffrey Lewis and Juan Giráldez and associates Paul Tiger and Jennifer Tancredi
(Latin Lawyer 04.05.2010)
(Notícia na Íntegra)