Multiple law firms – seven from Latin America – have helped Spanish business technology company Atento issue US$500 million worth of notes.
Sidley Austin LLP in London and Chicago, four Uría Menéndez offices, Argentina's Marval O'Farrell Mairal, Cescon, Barrieu, Flesch & Barreto Advogados in São Paulo, Chile's Carey, Brigard Urrutia in Bogotá, Mexico’s González Calvillo, SC and Berninzon & Benavides in Lima all helped Atento.
The underwriters were advised by Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP in New York and Brazilian firm Machado Meyer Advogados. Baker McKenzie LLP in London advised the trustee.
The deal closed on 10 February.
The senior secured notes have an interest rate of 8% and are due in 2026. Atento will use the proceeds from the offering to refinance its outstanding 6.125% notes due in 2022.
The notes will be guaranteed on a senior secured basis by Atento’s wholly-owned Latin American subsidiaries. Within 120 business days of the issuance date, the notes and the guarantees will be secured by a first-priority lien on the capital stock of the issuer.
Counsel to Atento
- Sidley Austin LLP: Partners Alan Grinceri and Bryan Robson, and associates Willian Gwyn, Dominic Nelson, Lillian Bond and Iram Tariq in London, and partner Suresh Advani and associate Andrei Pinchuk in Chicago
- Uría Menéndez: Partner Juan Carlos Machuca and associate Ignacio Zapata in London; associate Guillermo Rey in Barcelona; associate Daniel Gurrea in Valencia; and associates Alfonso Bernar and Violeta Pina in Madrid
- Marval O'Farrell Mairal: Partner Hernan Slemenson and associate María de los Milagros Abelenda in Buenos Aires
- Cescon, Barrieu, Flesch & Barreto Advogados: Partner Daniel Laudisio and associate Dimitrios Constantelos in São Paulo
- Carey: Partner Francisco Ugarte and associates Alejandra Daroch, Domingo Russi and Natalia Reinicke in Santiago
- Brigard Urrutia: Partners Carlos Fradique-Méndez and Luis Gabriel Morcillo, and associate Martín Peña in Bogotá
- González Calvillo, SC: Partner Juan Manuel Sancho, counsel Alberto Bustamante, and associates Francisco Javier Álvarez and José María Castro in Mexico City
- Berninzon & Benavides: Partner Eduardo Benavides, counsel Carlos Ratti, and associates Kattia Trujillo and Andrea Vergara in Lima
Counsel to Banco BTG Pactual, Goldman Sachs & Co, Itau BBA USA Securities, Morgan Stanley & Co, BCP Securities, XP Investimentos Corretora de Câmbio, Títulos e Valores Mobiliários and Barrington Research Associates
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP: Partners Manuel Garciadiaz and Mario Verdolini, counsel Drew Glover, and associates James Vickers, Kendra Simpson and Lourenco Lopes-Sabino in New York
- Machado Meyer Advogados: Partner Eduardo Castro and associates Karina Tiaki Momose and Marcus Vinicius Villa Bretherick in São Paulo
Counsel to Wilmington Trust
- Baker McKenzie LLP: Partner Bevis Metcalfe in London
(Latin Lawyer - 12.03.2021)