Maria Eugênia specializes in filings, investigations, and negotiations with the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE).
Large part of her work concerns analysis of antitrust risks and drafting of specific M&A contractual provisions; definition of strategy and conduction of complex antitrust filings before CADE; defense of clients in investigations on cartel and abuse of dominance cases; negotiation of leniency agreements and settlement agreements with CADE; and assistance in internal investigations of anticompetitive practices. Additionally, Maria Eugênia regularly assists clients in antitrust compliance programs.
Maria Eugênia has experience in providing legal assistance to clients of several industry areas, such as: automotive, packaging, pharmaceutical, medical equipment, chemical and petrochemical, energy, paper and cellulose, oil and gas, communication, and technology.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)
- Brazilian Institute for Competition, Consumer and International Trade Studies – IBRAC (Advisor, 2011 a 2015, Compliance Director, 2016)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250, in Competition and Antitrust, edition 2021.
- Recognized by Leaders League, 2021 edition, in Investigative and Antitrust and Merger Control.
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal, Thought Leaders Brazil 2021 edition, in the area of Competition
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil: Contentious, edition 2021, in the Competition/Antitrust area.
- Recognized by the publication Análise Advocacia Mulher as one of the most admired lawyers in Competition, Business Contracts and Regulation, and in the sectors of Agriculture and Livestock, Automotive and Auto Parts, Communication and Entertainment, Construction and Engineering, Packaging, Electrical Energy, Pharmaceuticals, Machinery and Equipment, Construction Material, Chemical and Petrochemical, Health and Technology.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, in Competition and Antitrust.
- Ranked by the Chambers Latin America 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, in Competition and Antitrust.
- Recognized by Lacca Approved in Antitrust, editions 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Ranked among the most admired lawyers by Análise Advocacia 500 (2020) in Competition, Regulatory, Automotive and Auto Parts, Communications and Entertainment, Electric Power, and Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2020 edition, in Antitrust Investigation and Merger Control
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer National, 2020 edition, in Competition and Antitrust.
- Ranked among the lawyers most admired by Análise Advocacia 500 (2018) in Competitive and by State (São Paulo).
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2019 edition, in Competition and Antitrust.
- Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 1997).
- Law School of the Leiden University, Netherlands (LL.M. International Business Law, 2003).
- Participant of internship on international trade in the Brazilian Mission to the World Trade Organization (2004)