José Roberto Opice
Name partner at Machado Meyer acting in banking, finance and corporate law, Mr. Opice has extensive experience in M&A and capital markets. He has been a leading advisor in complex and innovative local and cross-border transactions in Brazil for over four decades, and is regarded as one of the most brilliant lawyers of his generation.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB);
- International Bar Association (IBA);
- São Paulo Lawyers Association (AASP);
- Member of the International Trade Committee of the São Paulo Trade Association.
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal in Banking, 2021 edition;
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Banking & Finance and Banking & Finance: regulatory and legal opinions;
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil, 2021 edition, in Banking & Finance;
- Recognized as senior statesmen by Chambers Global in Corporate and M&A - Elite, 2021 edition. In the 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions, he was recognized in Banking & Finance and Corporate & M&A;
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Banking and Finance;
- Ranked by the Chambers Latin America 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, in banking and Corporate/M&A, as Senior Statesperson;
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250, 2019 edition, in Banking & Finance;
- Received numerous awards and recognitions over the years, including the Lifetime Achievement Awards by both Chambers & Partners and Latin Lawyer, as well as Senior Statesman in banking, corporate and M&A;
- Ranked among the most admired lawyers by Análise Advocacia 2017, in the area of Commerce.
- Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 1968);
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, United States (M.C.L., 1971).
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle, New York (1971-1973).