Souza is specialist in Infrastructure and Energy, with focus in projects and transactions involving private investment in regulated sectors, including concessions and privatizations, administrative and regulatory law and project finance. A large part of Souza’s work encompasses providing clients with legal assistance on investment opportunities in the regulated sectors, structuring and developing projects, providing assistance on biddings and regulated sectors acquisitions, as well as general support regarding infrastructure projects. Souza has previous experience in the provision of legal assistance to clients of several areas of knowledge, such as energy, oil and natural gas, mining, transports, sanitation and pharmaceutical.
- Brazilian Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- New York State Bar
- Brazil Lawyers Association
- Brazilian Institute for Energy Law
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Administrative Law and Energy.
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil: Industries & Sectors, 2021 edition, in Energy and Natural Resources: Power.
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2021 edition, in Oil & Gas, Power Law and Projects & Infrastructure.
- Recognized by the publication Análise Advocacia Mulher as one of the most admired lawyers in Regulatory and in the Electric Energy and Steel & Mining sectors.
- Recognized by Chambers Global, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 edition, in Energy and Natural Resources (Power).
- Recognized as Leading Individuals by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, recommended in Energy and Natural Resources (Electricity and Hydrocarbons) and Life Sciences.
- Recognized by Chambers Latin America, in Energy and Natural Resources (Electricity), 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 edition.
- Recognized by Lacca Approved, in the areas of Administrative Law and Energy, in the 2020 and 2021 editions.
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer National, 2020 edition, in Administrative Law and Energy.
- Recognized by the guide IFLR1000, 2020 edition, in the areas of Project Development, Banking and Project Finance, as Highly regarded.
- Recognized by Lacca Approved, in the area of Administrative Law, in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 edition.
- Recognized as "leading lawyer" by the guide IFLR1000, 2018 edition.
- Recommended by the publication The Legal 500, 2017 edition, in Energy and Natural Resources (Electricity).
- Classified among the most admired attorneys by Análise Advocacia 2017, in Siderurgy and Mining.
- Universidade de São Paulo (Bachelor of Laws, 1998).
- Fundação Getulio Vargas (Postgraduate in Economic and Corporate Law, 2001).
- New York University, USA (LL.M., 2003).
- Dewey Ballantine LLP, New York (2005-2006)