Partner of the Corporate Finances practice, responsible for the Belo Horizonte unit. Rugani is specialist in subjects related to the capital markets (equity and debt transactions), mergers and acquisitions. His work is focused on structuring and implementing mergers and acquisitions (buy side or sell side, private placements, competitive bids and others) and capital markets’ transactions (equity and debt), both in the form of IPOs or follow-ons, primary and secondary, for equity transactions, or debentures, bonds, CRIs, and promissory notes and other securities for debt transactions. Has previous experience in the areas of knowledge of civil construction, machinery and equipment rental, electric energy, food, education, mining, steel, sanitation, transportation, logistics and finances.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of Corporate Commission of OAB/MG
- Awarded in the Client Choice Awards, 2021 edition, by the International Law Office in the Corporate Governance category.
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil: Industries & Sectors, 2021 edition, in Corporate/Commercial: Minas Gerais.
- Recognized as notable practitioner by the guide IFLR1000, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 editions in M&A and Capital Markets: Debt.
- Recognized by Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Capital Markets: Regulatory & Legal Opinions, Debt, Equity, Large-cap and cross-border transactions and Corporate Law.
- Recognized by Chambers Global, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Capital Markets.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, in Capital Markets and M&A.
- Ranked by the Chambers Latin America 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, as Corporate Commercial: South East. In the 2020 and 2021 editions, it was recognized in Capital Markets.
- Ranked by Análise Advocacia, 2020 edition, as one of the most admired lawyers in Minas Gerais and in the areas of Transportation and Logistics, Health, Construction and Engineering, Corporate and Business Contracts.
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer National, 2020 edition, in Corporate Governance.
- Recommended by Who's Who Legal, 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions in the area of Capital Markets.
- Recognized by the Latin Lawyer 250 publication, 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions in the area of Corporate Governance.
- Recognized by Clients Choice Awards, in Capital Markets (Brazil), 2018 edition.
- Ranked by the Análise 500 2018 among the most admired attorneys in (1st place), among the most admired lawyers in the state of Minas Gerais, full service banks and in the areas of Transportation and Logistics (1st place), Financial Operations (2st place), Corporate (3nd place), Construction and Engineering (4nd place).
- Ranked by Análise 500 in 2017 among the most admired lawyers in the state of Minas Gerais, full service (1st place) and in the areas of Transportation and Logistics (1st place), Financial Operations (1st place), Corporate (2nd place), Construction and Engineering (2nd place) and Steel and Mining (3rd place).
- Acted in the bond issue operation, winner of Latin Finance's Deal of the Year 2013 in the Corporate High-Yield Bond of the Year category.
- University of California, Berkeley (LL.M, 2010).
- Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 2004).
- Clifford Chance US LLP, USA (2010‐2011).