José R. Prado Jr.
José Prado is a partner in the M&A and Project finance practice. He is highly experienced in banking and corporate law, cross-border, financial transactions, PPPs, administrative law and M&A related to regulated sectors and regulatory matters.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB);
- International Bar Association (IBA);
- São Paulo Lawyers Association (AASP).
- Recognized by Lacca Approved in Banking and Finance, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 editions as a Thought Leader;
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal, 2021 edition, in Project Finance and Banking;
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2022 edition, in Banking & Finance and Projects & Infrastructure;
- Recognized by Análise Advocacia 500, edition 2021, as one of the most admired lawyers in São Paulo in the areas of Business Contracts, Financial Operations, and Corporate;
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil, 2021 edition, in Projects;
- Recommended by Latin Lawyer 250, 2020 and 2021 edition, in the areas of Project and Infrastructure Finance, Energy, Banking & Finance, and Administrative Law;
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Banking & Finance, Oil & Gas, and Power Law;
- Ranked in Chambers Global, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Projects;
- Recognized by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, leading lawyer in Projects and Infrastructure;
- Ranked by Chambers Latin America 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020 and 2021, in Projects;
- Recognized by the publication Análise Advocacia 500, 2020 edition, in the area of Business Contracts, listed among the most admired lawyers;
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer National, 2020 edition, in Administrative Law, Banking and Finance, Energy and Project Finance and Infrastructure;
- Recognized by the guide IFLR1000, 2019 and 2020 editions, in the area of Project Development and Banking, as Highly regarded;
- Recommended by Who’s Who Legal, 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions, in Project Finance and Banking;
- Ranked by Chambers Global, 2017 and 2018 edition, in Energy and Natural Resources (Mining and Power) and in Projects;
- Recognized by Legal 500, 2017 edition, leading lawyer in Projects and Infrastructure and recommended in Banking and finance, Bankruptcy and restructuring, Corporate and M&A, Projects and infrastructure and Public law.
- Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 1994);
- King’s College London, University of London, England (Master, 1997).
- Cameron McKenna, London (1998 –1999).