Carretero is specialist in banking and finance, with highlights on structured finance transactions, debt restructurings, derivatives, international investments in Brazil, banking regulations, offerings in Brazil and abroad, mergers and acquisitions in the financial sector, transactions of agribusiness financing, and issuance of legal opinions on subjects related to banking law. He engages activities in several local and cross-border finance transactions, including highly complex deals, and supports financial institutions on developing new products and adjusting products from other countries to the Brazilian financial market.
- Brazilian Bar Association;
- Member of the Legal Committee of the Brazilian Association of International Banks – ABBI.
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2022 edition, in Banking & Finance: Regulatory and Legal Opinions;
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil, 2021 edition, in Banking & Finance;
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, in Banking and Finance and Restructuring and Insolvency;
- Recognized by Análise Advocacia 500 magazine, 2020 edition, as one of the most admired lawyers in the country in Financial Transactions and Banking;
- Recommended by Latin Lawyer 250, 2018 edition, in Banking and Finance;
- Project Finance Deal of the Year, by the IFLR publication; Americas Transport Deal of the Year 2012, by Project Finance International; and the Latin America Transport Deal of the Year 2012, by Euromoney Project Finance;
- Recommended by The Legal 500, issue 2017, in Banking and Finance.
- The University of Chicago Law School, USA (Master’s degree, LL.M, in 2011);
- Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado – FAAP, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 2004).