Thales Saito is the head of our New York office. He is specialist in local and international financial transactions, M&A, banking regulations, securitization of receivables, incorporation of investment funds, derivatives and exchange regulations. His practice encompasses the rendering of legal assistance to local and international clients in the negotiation and implementation of corporate and financial transactions of different structures, including those related to the incorporation of investment funds and regulated activities. Saito has previous experience in a broad range of sectors, including financial services, payment methods, technology, agribusiness, automobile, construction, infrastructure, retail and consumption, aviation and leasing of vehicles.
- Brazilian Bar Association.
- New York Bar Association.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce (New York)
- Machado Meyer’s representative and frequent participant at the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Brazil.
- The University of Chicago Law School, USA (Master’s degree, LL.M, 2014).
- Ibmec São Paulo (Master’s degree, LLM – Financial and Capital Markets Law, 2008).
- Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie (Bachelor of Laws, 2007).
- Head of Machado Meyer’s New York, New York, USA (2018-present)
- Foreign associate at Proskauer Rose LLP, New York, USA (2014/2015)
- Visiting attorney at Proskauer Rose LLP, Hong Kong (2015)
- Secondee at Mori Hamada & Matsumoto, Tokyo, Japan (2015/2016)
- Secondee at JunHe, Shangai, China (2016)