Vitor Fernandes De Araujo
Araujo is specialist in structured transactions, merger and acquisitions, project finance, banking law, investment funds, international investments and securitizations in Brazil. He represented several Brazilian and international companies, financial institutions, and investment funds. His practice encompasses the provision of legal assistance in structuring, reviewing terms, and implementing merger and acquisition transactions, structuring and implementing structured financing transactions, and assisting clients with the identification of different models adopted in infrastructure projects, besides providing legal assistance to international clients intending to initiate activities in Brazil. He has previous experience in the areas of knowledge of energy, financial institutions, logistics, investment funds, multilateral organizations, pension funds, and services.
- Brazilian Bar Association
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Project Finance and Infrastructure.
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer National, 2020 edition, in Project Finance and Infrastructure.
- Recognized by Análise Advocacia, 2019 edition, in Financial Transactions, Corporate, Maritime and Environmental Services and Sanitation
- Ranked as one of Brazil’s most admired lawyers by Análise Advocacia in Financing Transactions and Corporate Law and in first place in the maritime and sanitation industries. Counsel to the borrower and sponsor for the 1 billion Reais leverage buy-out and debt restructuring of Portonave, winner of the 2018 Best Port Financing Transaction in Brazil, according to Latin Finance 2018 Project & Infrastructure Finance Award.
- The University of Chicago, USA (LL.M., 2015).
- Insper, São Paulo, Brazil (LL.M. in Contracts Law, 2014).
- Instituto Presbiteriano Mackenzie, São Paulo, Brazil (Bachelor degree, 2008).
- Greenberg Traurig, P.A., Miami, USA (2015-2016).