Ana Bátia has been ranked by Who’s Who Legal Competition - Future Leaders as the only woman in Latin America under the category most highly regarded partners. Ana Bátia has also been recognized as a “’pragmatic and technically brilliant’ lawyer who receives wide-ranging endorsements for her ‘deep expert knowledge’ of international merger control work”, as well as “a very strong, reliable and precise lawyer” with “very reasonable approach, clear guidance, and good results for her clients”.
With solid background on antitrust and competition, Ana Bátia has vast experience in compliance training and review of antitrust practices, and provided legal assistance to national and international companies in merger control, antitrust investigations and leniency agreements before the Brazilian competition agency (CADE).
- Brazilian Bar Association
- Brazilian Institute for the Study of Competition, Consumption and International Trade (IBRAC)
- Recognized as a leading individual in Brazil by Who’s Who Legal: Competition – Future Leaders 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Acted in a finalist transaction in the Matter of the Year and Merger control matter of the year - Americas categories of the Global Competition Review (2020).
- Operated as a finalist in Global Competition Review's Matter of the Year Award category (2019).
- Worked in a transaction that won the Global Competition Review's Matter of the Year Award (2011).
- Worked on a transaction that won the M&A Transaction of the Year Americas award from Global Competition Review (2011).
- The University of Chicago, United States of America (LL.M., 2014)
- Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil (Bachelor degree in Economics, 2010)
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica of São Paulo, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 2006)
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, Brussels, Belgium (2014‐2015)