Clarissa Freitas is specialist in corporate law, corporate governance, corporate restructurings, corporate litigation involving administrative proceedings before the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM), tender offers, mergers and acquisitions involving private and public companies, and succession planning. She has a special focus in complex transactions and M&As involving publicly-held companies. She is an expert in corporate and regulatory laws and regulations issued by the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM). Her practice encompasses giving advice in daily corporate acts and in complex corporate transactions involving publicly and closely-held companies, advising public company’s investor relations areas with their periodic and eventual obligations before the CVM, preparing defenses in administrative proceedings and sanctioning proceedings initiated by the CVM, analyzing and suggesting structures to improve corporate governance of companies, structuring and conducting tender offer proceedings, reviewing contracts and implementing M&A transactions, reviewing shareholders’ agreements, structuring and implementing proceedings of corporate reorganization and individuals’ succession and assets’ protection.
- Brazilian Bar Association.
- Recognized by Análise Advocacia 500, edition 2021, in Chemicals and Petrochemicals;
- Recognized by the publication Análise Advocacia Mulher as one of the most admired lawyers in Corporate and in the Trade and Electrical and Electronics sectors;
- Recognized by the guide IFLR1000, 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions, in M&A, as Notable practitioner;
- Acted in an acquisition transaction that won The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards, in the category Global M&A Deal of the Year: Latin America, in 2015.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, England – Master in Laws (LL.M.) in Corporate and Commercial Law, 2007;
- Fundação Getulio Vargas, Brazil (Specialization course in “Corporate Law and Capital Markets”, 2003);
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ (Bachelor of Laws, 2001).
- Publication of articles: - Freitas, Clarissa Figueiredo de Souza. Os Poderes do Conselho de Administração para Impedir Medidas Defensivas contra Ofertas Hostis no Direito Comparado e na Legislação Brasileira;
- Revista de Direito Mercantil, Industrial, Econômico e Financeiro n. 159/160;
- Rio de Janeiro: Malheiros, 2011, p. 127-141 - Freitas, Clarissa Figueiredo de Souza e Saiani, José Samurai;
- Mergers and Acquisitions in Brazil. Mergers and Acquisitions: Jurisdictional Comparisons. London: Sweet&Maxwell, 2012, p. 35-52 - Freitas, Clarissa Figueiredo de Souza e Fini, Raissa. Legislação é Incompleta ao Tratar de Nova Oferta Pública de Ações. Available at www.conjur.com.br. Date of access: November 8th, 2015 - Freitas, Clarissa Figueiredo de Souza. Los Desafíos De Importar Conceptos Del Derecho Anglosajón En Contratos De M&A Regidos Por La Legislación Brasileña. Fusiones e Adquisiciones. Organizador: Carlos Alberto Soto Coaguila. Lima: Instituto Pacifico, 2015;
- Freitas, Clarissa Figueiredo de Souza e Sherique, Elie Jaques. Contratos de Compra e Venda e Investimentos – 1ª parte in Brasil M&A: guia para fusões e aquisições de empresas brasileiras. Org.: Siqueira, Marcelo. Rio de Janeiro: Donnelley Financial Solutions do Brasil Ltda, 2017;
- Freitas, Clarissa Figueiredo de Souza, Pallis, Adriana e Penteado, Arthur B. Aspectos Regulatórios in Brasil M&A: guia para fusões e aquisições de empresas brasileiras. Org.: Siqueira, Marcelo. Rio de Janeiro: Donnelley Financial Solutions do Brasil Ltda., 2017.
- Teixeira de Freitas, Rodrigues e Associados – Portugal (2007 and 2008).