Daniel Szyfman leads the Infrastructure & Energy practice in the Rio de Janeiro unit, having his practice focused in Oil, Gas and Energy industries. Szyfman also participates in the structuring of public projects (PPP), Project Finance operations and matters related to maritime law.A relevant part of his practice is dedicated to complex operations, often cross border, such as in M&A operations and complex contracts structuring for projects construction. Szyfman also provides clients with legal assistance in general regulatory and corporate matters, supporting the client in strategic matters concerning Public Law issues. Besides, Szyfman has practiced for international groups willing to establish their business in Brazil, whether in the assets acquisition, participation in auctions or organic growth.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Co-chairman of the Petroleum Council of IBDE
- Member of the Advisory Board of the North Sea and Beyond Project, University of Oslo
- Member of the AIPN – Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Officer of the Oil and Gas Law Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Recognized by the guide IFLR1000, 2019, 2020 and 2021 editions, in M&A, as "Notable practitioner".
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil: Industries & Sectors, 2021 edition, in Energy and Natural Resources: Oil & Gas.
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Oil & Gas.
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal, Thought Leaders Brazil 2021 edition, in Energy.
- Ranked by the Chambers Global in the area of Energy & Natural Resources: Oil and Gas, 2020 and 2021 editions.
- Recognized by The Legal 500, issue 2021, in the Next generation partners category, recommended in Energy and Natural Resources - Hydrocarbons.
- Ranked by the Chambers Latin America, 2019, 2020 and 2021 edition, in Energy & Natural Resources: Oil and Gas.
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer National, 2020 edition, in Maritime.
- Recommended by Who's Who Legal, 2020 edition, in Energy.
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250, 2020 edition, in the Maritime area.
- Awarded by Euromoney Legal Media Group in the category "Americas Rising Star Awards" in Energy as "Best energy rising star in Latin America" in 2018.
- King’s College of London (LL.M. in Finance Law, 2012).
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Brazil (Postgraduation in Administrative Law, 2009).
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 2004).
Office experience abroad
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, London (2010-2011). Secondee at BG Brasil (2009-2010).