Elie J. Sherique
Sherique is a specialist in corporate law, national and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity operations, capital markets, and corporate governance, besides joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, international investments, structured operations, business transactions, financial products and operations involving publicly-held companies. He has previous experience in operations concerning several sectors, in particular, automotive, banking, construction, electronics, energy, pharmaceutical, real estate, mining, oil and gas, financial services, general services, technology, telecommunications, and retail.
Is part of the Latin American & Iberian Desk of Machado Meyer, assisting some of the main Spanish and Latin American investors in Brazil.
- Brazilian Bar Association
- New York State Unified Court System (New York State Bar)
- Recognized by the IFLR1000 guide, 2021 edition, in M&A and Private equity as a "Notable practitioner".
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Large-cap and cross-border transactions and Corporate and M&A.
- Recommended by Lacca Approved 2019 and 2020, in Corporate/M&A.
- Recognized by Advocacy Analysis, 2019 edition, in Machinery and Equipment.
- Recommended by Latin Lawyer 250, 2018 edition, in Corporate/M&A.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2017 edition, in Capital Markets and Corporate and M&A.
- New York University School of Law, United States of America (LL.M., 2006).
- New York University Stern School of Business, United States of America (Specialization in Law and Business, 2006).
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Brazil (Specialization in Corporate Law and Capital Markets, 2003).
- Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais, Brazil (Lato Sensu Master’s degree in Corporate Law, 2003).
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 2002).
- Jones Day, United States of America (2008-2017).
- Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP, United States of America (2006-2008).