With a 10-year intensive dedication to the oil, natural gas and biofuels sector, Xavier has already provided legal assistance to clients of virtually all areas regulated by the Brazilian Oil Agency–ANP, having participated in the development of a series of important leading cases in the industry. He further provides legal assistance to clients on international contractual and regulatory matters, with a broad experience in transactions in Eastern Africa and Latin America. Xavier’s practice stands out in administrative litigations, issues of maritime facilities’ operational security and local content. He also has a solid experience in the provision of legal assistance on regulatory and contractual matters related to the biofuels sector, including projects involving ethanol, biodiesel and second-generation biofuels.
- Brazilian Bar Association.
- Member of the Oil and By-Products Commission of OAB/Rio de Janeiro Section.
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil: Industries & Sectors, 2021 edition, in Energy and Natural Resources: Oil & Gas.
- University of California at Berkeley – Business Law Certificate, 2016.
- AIPN (Association of International Petroleum Negotiators), Houston – International Energy Law, Contracts and Negotiations Course, 2010.
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio) – Bachelor of Laws, 2009.
- Universidade de Coimbra – Exchange in International Relations, 2007.
Office experience abroad
- Mayer Brown, Palo Alto, USA (2016).
- DLA Piper, Madrid, Spain (2018).