Gisela Ferreira Mation
Gisela is a specialist in the prevention and resolution of disputes before arbitral tribunals and state courts. She has extensive experience in cross-border disputes and has acted before the main Brazilian and international arbitral institutions. She represents clients in complex conflicts related to contract, corporate and civil liability law. Her practice also encompasses insolvency proceedings and debt restructuring. Her clients include Brazilian and foreign companies from several industry sectors, including oil and gas, energy and construction.
- Brazilian Bar Association;
- New York Bar Association;
- Comitê Brasileiro de Arbitragem (CBAR);
- Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG);
- ICDR Young & International;
- American Society of International Law;
- International Bar Association.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, as Next Generation Partners, recognized in Dispute Resolution: Arbitration;
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250, edition 2021, in Litigation;
- Recognized by Euromoney: Benchmark Litigation, 2021 Edition, as a "Future Star";
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil: Contentious, edition 2021, in the Dispute Resolution: Arbitration area;
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 edition, in the area of Arbitration;
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal, 2021 edition, in the area of Arbitration, as "Arbitration: Future Leaders - Partners".
- PhD Candidate in Commercial Law, University of São Paulo (Prevision of conclusion - 2020);
- USA and International Anti-Corruption Law Summer Program, American University Washington College of Law, concentration "U.S. Legal Anti-Corruption Framework" and "Corruption Risk& Mitigation When Doing Business Abroad" (2014);
- Master’s degree in State Law, Universidade de São Paulo (2013);
- LL.M. Harvard Law School (2012);
- Bachelor in Law, Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo (2009);
- Exchange program at Sciences Po - Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris (2008).
- - Direito Privado e Combate à Corrupção: Desconsideração da Personalidade Jurídica e Falência no caso TRT. In: Maíra Machado et al. (Org.), Estudos sobre o Caso TRT, São Paulo: Direito GV, 2014;
- - Arbitrabilidade de disputas envolvendo empresa falida ou em recuperação judicial: notas sobre a jurisprudência brasileira. In: Gilberto Gomes Bruschi et al. (Org.), Direito Processual Empresarial, Elsevier: 2012;
- - Uma Conversa sobre Direito Societário Comparado com o professor Klaus Hopt, 28 Cadernos Direito GV 7-27, 2009 (coauthor);
- - As Ações Civis para Cessação e Reparação de Danos Causados por Condutas Anticoncorrenciais no Brasil. In: Prêmio SEAE 2008, Treasury Department 2009.
- Visiting Professor at National Law University Delhi, New Delhi, India (2014), teaching the subject “International Arbitration Proceedings”;
- Visiting Scholar at Yale Law School (2013-2014);
- International Associate at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (2012-2013);
- Internship at the Arbitration Court of the International Chamber of Commerce - ICC, Paris, France (2009).