Partner of the Environmental Law practice and Head of the Labour, Real Estate, Litigation and Competition Law practices, Roberta Danelon Leonhardt is a specialist in environmental law, having outstanding performance in the management of complex environmental crises due to her skills for the composition of multiple interests in negotiation processes. Leonhardt’s work embraces the coordination of working teams for the provision of environmental assistance in matters related to the implementation of potential polluting projects and the analysis of environmental liabilities, support to investors and financial institutions for the identification and management of environmental risks, as well as working with environmental agencies and the Department of Public Prosecution. Leonhardt is becoming renowned in the market of Environmental Disputes practice due to her persuasive ability and solid environmental practice background and has experience in assisting clients of a wide range of areas such as infrastructure, logistics, food and beverage, chemicals, real estate, agribusiness, steel, mining, automotive, banking, pharmaceutical and heavy industry in general.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Recognized by the Latin Lawyer 250 publication, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 editions, in the area of Environmental.
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil: Industries & Sectors, 2021 edition, in Environmental.
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Environmental.
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal, Thought Leaders Brazil 2021 edition, in Environmental.
- Recognized by the publication Análise Advocacia Mulher as one of the most admired lawyers in Real Estate and in the Construction and Engineering, Trade, Aeronautics, and Environmental Services and Sanitation sectors.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, in Environmental. In the 2019 edition, it was also recognized in Dispute Resolution (Including Business Criminal).
- Ranked by Chambers Latin America 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 in the Environmental field.
- Ranked by the magazine Análise Advocacia (2020) among mentioned lawyers in the Environmental field.
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer National, 2020 edition, in Environmental area.
- Recommended by Who's Who Legal, 2019 and 2020 editions, in Environmental.
- Ranked by the magazine Análise Advocacia (2017) among mentioned lawyers in the Environmental (2nd position) and Steel and Mining fields.
- Awarded by the Chambers Women in Law in the category of “Mentoring Lawyer of the Year - Leadership in the Profession” for Latin America (2015).
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, EUA (short professional course, 2018)
- Universidade de São Paulo (University of São Paulo), Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 1999).
- Universidade de São Paulo (University of São Paulo), Brazil (Postgraduation in Environmental Law, 2002).
- London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom (Masters / LL.M. in Public International Law, 2003).
- Forms part of the Brazilian Mission for the World Trade Organization, Switzerland (2005).
- Coordinator of the Environmental Committee for the Centro de Estudos de Sociedades de Advogados (Studies Center of Law Firms - CESA) (2014-2019).
- Member and Officer of the International Bar Association (IBA) (Programme Officer, Environment, Health and Safety Law Committee, 2015-2016 and Vice-Chair, Environment, Health and Safety Law Committee, 2017-2018, Senior Vice Chair 2019).
- Member of the Steering Committee of Machado Meyer (2017).
- Member of the Diversity Committee of Machado Meyer (2014-2017).
- Member of the Professional Quality Committee of Machado Meyer (2018-2019).
- Member of the Executive Council of Machado Meyer (2019)
- Foundation of International Environmental - Law and Development (FIELD), United Kingdom (2003).