Laura Souza is specialist in energy law and in such area’s operations. Large part of Laura Souza’s work concerns legal assistance in structuring, legal support in the identification of the different models adopted in the electrical sector, legal assistance to foreign clients initiating activities in the country and legal assistance on regulatory energy law. Laura Souza has previous experience in providing legal assistance to clients, not only the ones originated from the energy sectors, in the areas of knowledge of generation, distribution, transmission and trading, but also in the energy-intensive industrial area, large size consummers and clients of several areas of knowledge that have the activity of power generation in their portfolios.
- Brazilian Bar Association
- Brazilian Institute for the Energy Law - IBDE
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil: Industries & Sectors, 2021 edition, in Energy and Natural Resources: Power.
- Recognized by the Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Power Law.
- Recommended by The Legal 500, 2021 edition, in Energy and Natural Resources (Eletricity) and Life Sciences.
- Recognized by the guide IFLR1000, 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions, in the areas of Project Development and Project Finance.
- Ranked by Chambers Global, 2015, 2017 and 2018 editions, in Energy and Natural Resouces: Power.
- Ranked by Chambers Latin America, 2016, 2017 and 2018 editions, in Energy & Natural Resources: Power.
- Universidade Cândido Mendes (Cândido Mendes University), Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 1999).
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica (Pontifical Catholic University) of São Paulo, Brazil (Postgraduation in Tax Law, 2003).
- Fordham University School of Law, United States (Master’s degree in Commercial Law, 2008).