Antonio Corrêa Meyer
Founding partner of Machado Meyer, is prominent in the Brazilian legal scenario, having provided legal assistance to countless clients and projects of infrastructure high complexity. Initiated his activities as specialist attorney in corporate and tax matters, starting later to work in the projects and infrastructure area in the areas of knowledge of energy and oil and gas. Participates in affairs related to concessions, private-public partnerships (PPP), privatizations and M&A in the regulated sector, also working in arbitration proceedings. Also has strong performance before the Public Administration.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB);
- International Bar Association (IBA);
- Inter-American Bar Association American Bar Association (ABA);
- Council member of the São Paulo Lawyers Institute (IASP);
- Member of the São Paulo Lawyers Association (AASP), in which he participated in the Board of Directors and Council for 9 years and a half, having also chaired the entity Board member of the Studies Center of Law Firms (CESA), in which he participated in the Council for some terms of office, having also chaired the entity Council member of the Fundação Faculdade de Medicina de São Paulo Member of the Legal Council of FIESP (CONJUR);
- Council member of the Chamber of Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration of the Federation of Industries of the State of São Paulo (CamFiesp);
- Member of the Advisory Council of the Cancer Hospital of São Paulo Member of the Administrative Council of the ICC Brazil – International Chamber of Commerce, as well of its respective Arbitration Committee Council member of Suzano Papel e Celulose S.A., of Suzano Holdings S. A. and of IPLF Holdings S.A.;
- CEOs Council member of the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM);
- Member of the International Committee of the Federal Council of the Brazilian Bar Association (Federal OAB);
- Arbitrator in the Arbitration Centre of AMCHAM, FIESP and CCBC Former arbitrator in the Chamber of Conciliation and Arbitration of Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV);
- Former member of the Executive Council of the Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo Section (OAB-SP);
- Former Legal Counselor and Chairman of the Legislative Committee of AMCHAM (from 1987 to 1989);
- Former Director of AMCHAM and the Legislative Committee of the Brazilian Association of Public Held Companies (ABRASCA).
- Recommended by Who's Who Legal, 2020 and 2021 editions, in Corporate Governance and M&A;
- Recognized by Leaders League, 2020 and 2021 editions, as Leading in Projects and Infrastructure;
- Recognized by Chambers Brazil, 2021 edition, in Projects;
- Recognized by the Latin Lawyer 250 publication, edition 2021, in Pro Bono;
- Recognized as senior statesmen by Chambers Global in the Projects area, 2020 and 2021 editions;
- Recognized as Senior Statesperson by Chambers Latin America 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, in the Projects area;
- Recognized by the Lifetime Achievement Award for the Chambers & Partners and Latin Lawyer publications;
- Recommended by Latin Lawyer 250, 2018 and 2019 editions, in Corporate/M&A and Pro Bono;
- Recommended by Who’s Who Legal in M&A, edition 2018;
- Medalha Ordem do Mérito, awarded by the Ministry of Justice in the category of Great Officer (2018);
- Latin Lawyers Lifetime Achievement Awards (2017).
- Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 1969);
- New York University of Law, New York (audit student of the Postgraduation course of Taxation, 1974).
- Awarded a Brigadeiro Tobias de Aguiar Merit Medal from the Military Police of the State of São Paulo in 1994, and Merit Medal from the High Court of the State of São Paulo, the most prestigious legal award, in 2002;
- Member of the International Committee of the Federal Council of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB Federal).
- Wender Murase & White, New York (1974).