ARBITRATION IS OFTEN AN ADVANTAGEOUS ALTERNATIVE FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION. IN ADDITION TO CONDUCTING ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS, WE PROVIDE ADVICE ON APPROPRIATE CONTRACT PROVISIONS SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AND HOW TO PROCEED IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
We have a multidisciplinary team with extensive experience in highly complex arbitration proceedings in the main domestic and foreign arbitration chambers.
Thanks to our practice in international disputes, we also have a consolidated network of relationships with other renowned law firms around the world, which enables us to act in a coordinated manner in transnational disputes.
our focus is to advise our clients with the speed and excellence that business relationships require, always attentive to the needs of each business and the specificities of their markets.
We are committed to quality service in all phases of the business relationship.
OUR WORK INVOLVES
- tailor-made drafting of arbitration provisions
- pre-litigation dispute settlement negotiations
- development of case strategies
- representation of clients in complex arbitration proceedings
- enforcement and recognition of arbitral awards
- negotiating settlements to resolve ongoing disputes
We have national and international experience in resolving disputes involving the most varied of industries, such as the oil and gas, civil construction, energy, mining, financial, technology, aviation, and food sectors, among others.
We also have in-depth knowledge about technical issues related to the disputes in which we serve. This allows us to provide services of technical document analysis, coordination, and review of the work of technical assistants, and preparation for arbitration hearings to hear technical experts.
The quality of our work gives our team credibility in the relationship with all parties with whom we deal during disputes, including arbitrators, members of arbitral institutions, other lawyers, and expert witnesses.
To better advise our clients, we monitor trends in arbitration, following the case law of national and international courts, as well as the profile of renowned professionals in Brazil and abroad to support the process of choosing arbitrators.
- Representation of our clients in arbitration proceedings concerning various legal issues, including matters of contract law, corporate law, and civil liability.
- Acting in pre-arbitral judicial measures or parallel to arbitration proceedings, including provisional measures prior to the empaneling of the arbitral tribunal and actions for the initiation of arbitral proceedings.
- Acting for the enforcement and annulment of domestic arbitral awards.
- Acting in measures for production of evidence in Brazil for use in arbitration proceedings abroad.
- Acting in foreign arbitration decision domestication proceedings before the Superior Court of Appeals (STJ).
- Understanding of the client's business and operations relevant to the dispute.
- Development of the best and most innovative procedural strategies, always seeking to achieve our clients' commercial and strategic objectives.
- Assistance in managing the execution of contractual obligations and claims, including the initiation of dispute boards.
- Preparation of communications for the parties involved.
- Participation in negotiation, conciliation, and mediation processes in order to avoid or settle disputes.
- Drafting of strategic and tailored dispute resolution provisions.
- Participation in drafting and reviewing other relevant contractual provisions to avoid exposing our clients to potential disputes.
- Answers to inquiries on legal issues even before the dispute arises, including analysis of risks inherent in future litigation.
- In-company lectures and training on arbitration for our clients' legal and commercial areas.