MORE THAN 30 YEARS AFTER THE PUBLICATION OF THE CONSUMER PROTECTION CODE IN BRAZIL, THE MARKET HAS COMPLETELY CHANGED AND CONSUMER HABITS ARE INCREASINGLY DIGITAL. THIS ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES DISRUPTIVE SOLUTIONS FROM COMPANIES AND BRINGS ABOUT NEW LEGAL RISKS FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF CONSUMER RELATIONS. OUR CONSUMER LAW ATTORNEYS CAN HELP YOU MANAGE THE RISKS IN THE INNOVATION PROCESS WITHOUT NEGLECTING THE SECURITY THAT SHOULD GOVERN CONSUMER RELATIONS.
We offer clients comprehensive legal advice to help them establish strategic consumer relationships that strengthen and add value to their business.
We provide customized support in the most diverse segments of industry, commerce, and services, such as pharmaceuticals, food, financial, chemical, communications, airlines, health, retail, and education, among others.
By acting on preventive claims, we help our clients develop their business model effectively and safely, minimizing the risk of future litigation relating to consumer rights. We support our clients in the following situations:
- Monitoring of legislative initiatives that may impact on the business.
- Preparation of opinions to enable expansion of activities, without neglecting the standards of consumer protection.
- Participation in public hearings and consultations conducted by consumer protection agencies.
- Support in moments of crisis, by means of meetings and the assembly of strategic plans to serve clients. When necessary, we share the performance strategy with the consumer defense agencies, in order to avoid the initiation of sanctions proceedings.
- Reviewing and drafting of consumer contracts.
- Capacity building at companies, with training sessions, workshops, and courses.
Our professionals have extensive experience in administrative proceedings filed with consumer protection agencies at the federal, state, and municipal levels. One of the great challenges of our area is the concurring jurisdiction among these agencies, which requires coordinated, fast, and sure action, in order to minimize negative impacts for our clients. We support companies in:
- Claims filed before all agencies of the National Consumer Protection System, such as the National Consumer Protection Bureau (Senacon), the Consumer Protection and Defense Department (DPDC), and State and Municipal Procons.
- Civil inquiries filed with the Public Prosecutor's Office.
- Negotiation and formalization of Consent Decrees (TAC).
- In the case of regulated markets, practicing before regulatory agencies, such as Inmetro, Ipem, Anvisa, ANS, Anatel, Anac, Aneel, among others.
- Recall campaigns, from the identification of the fact by the companies to the filing of the case with the consumer protection agencies.
- Issues involving advertising, with special participation in the self-regulatory body for advertising (Conar).
- Claims related to consumer data, especially with the National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) and the National Consumer Protection Bureau (Senacon).
Our lawyers specialized in consumer law are always prepared to serve in highly complex and significant cases, before all levels of the Judiciary. Our office in Brasília has a constant, established, and personal practice before the Higher Courts. We support our clients in:
- Collective actions, especially public civil actions filed by the Public Prosecutor's Office and other legal entities in defense of consumers.
- Annulment actions arising from the application of penalties by consumer protection agencies, especially Procon and Senacon (DPDC).
- Termination actions.
- Relevant individual claims, either because of the value of the claim or because of the subject matter and precedent.
- Direct actions of unconstitutionality
- Procedural tools to contain repetitive claims: IRDR and repetitive appeals.