PRESERVING VALUE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS SEEKING NEW OPPORTUNITIES. WE ARE PREPARED TO SERVE OUR CLIENTS IN THE MOST DIVERSE FORMS OF DISPUTES, ALWAYS SEEKING THE BEST RESULTS, WITH A HIGH DEGREE OF EFFECTIVENESS, CREATIVITY, AND EFFICIENCY.
We advise and represent our clients in litigation and preventive matters, in the various forms of business disputes. We appear before courts, administrative authorities, and regulatory agencies, participating in arbitrations and assisting in preliminary discussions in order to prevent or reduce the impact of disputes.
We count on the expertise of all practice areas of Machado Meyer. This allows the development of solid dispute management and resolution strategies in relation to specific issues, which not only solve the problem immediately, but also avoid its repetition or reduce its future impacts. One of the highlighted areas is consumer relations, where our lawyers, specialized in consumer law, provide consulting services and administrative and judicial litigation related to the matter.
Aside from the integration with other areas of Machado Meyer, another differential of our practice is our access to highly specialized lawyers, which allows us to provide clients with creative and innovative solutions in a litigation scenario. We have teams with extensive experience in the aviation, energy, telecommunications, sanitation, retail, banking, environment, technology, pharmaceutical, health, food, finance, chemical, education, and communications sectors, among others.
We are also recognized for our work in international litigation and for our extensive network of relationships with leading law firms in many different countries. This allows us to act decisively in disputes that involve various jurisdictions.
- Strategic performance in pre-litigation dispute management.
- Development of creative solutions that avoid disputes or, if they are unavoidable, put our clients at an advantage.
- Acting as mediators and conciliators.
- Review of complex contractual provisions, including in M&A, private equity, and similar transactions, to ensure the effectiveness of contractual provisions in the event of a dispute.
- Agility, technical knowledge, and strategy to conduct litigation in the most effective way for the client.
- Domain of regulations issued by the main market agents, such as CVM, Central Bank, Cade, Conar, ANS, Anatel, Aneel, and other regulatory agencies.
- Extensive experience in higher courts (STF and STJ) and in negotiations with the Public Prosecutor's Office.
- Extensive experience in bankruptcy and judicial and extrajudicial reorganizations, especially in the defense of creditors and third parties interested in the acquisition of assets or in the granting of financing to companies in financial difficulties.